Monday, August 30, 2010

Died and Gone to Heaven

Well, today was one of those fishing mornings that make every fruitless trip worth it. I woke up at an early time, had a great cup of coffee. The temperature was just right, and a nice breeze blew threw the windows and I made my way to my lake. I pulled in and met up with my cousin, who has been away for a year now. We got on the water with the intentions of just enjoying ourselves whether or not we were to catch any fish. However, as soon as we broke out into the main part of the lake, you could see fish breaking the waters surface in search of the morning bugs. No one can pin point the science behind it, but sometimes all the factors involved align just right and it seems as though the fish are feasting as if this meal would be there last. It seemed as nearly every fifth cast met with an eager fish. Sometimes it appeared as though more than one of them may have been stalking the bait and clashed as they lunged for it. Like merry men drunken with our passion, we laughed and cheered one another as we boated fish after fish onto our kayaks. With so many to choose from, we made an effort to be quite selective, only taking what we knew we will prepare for tonight's feast on the grill. I am been known to say I don't like those fairy tale cheesy endings to movies, but as we coasted back onto the lake shore, short of the theme music, I could have sworn we were living one of those endings this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment